There are five
be taking right
now to keep
Students are engaging in risky behavior online. Will you know when they need help?
Using our Five Circles of Cyber Safety™, we can guide the process.
We help school districts establish Cyber Safety policies and procedures and implement best practices to keep your students safer online.
Services we offer to schools:
Is policing the online behavior of your students becoming a full time job?
Many administrators are dealing with constant problems stemming from students being online, issues like sexting, cyber bullying, hate speech, inappropriate use of technology and a school culture lacking empathy. There is enormous pressure to “fix” the problems right away and enormous consequences if you don’t.
It’s tempting to put out the fires, one by one. But perhaps it’s time to take a high-level approach instead.
Do you have Cyber Safety policies and procedures? If so, do they make sense? Are they updated? Do they mitigate your risk? If not, what’s holding you back from developing them?
We can help you develop policies and procedures based in best practices. We train staff, parents and students on cyber safety and digital citizenship.
School districts, parents and communities need work together for the cyber safety of students. The foundation of this work starts with Intentional Screens, a simple and effective way to keep kids safe online.
It is inevitable that students will either find inappropriate content online… or it will find them. What they do when that happens depends on the training and education they’ve had.
The Center for Online Safety helps school districts:
- Conduct Cyber Safety Audits
- Educate students about how to avoid the dangers of being online
- Ensure students have digital citizenship training and tools to make good decisions
- Give parents scripts to use to start vital cyber safety conversations and keep them collaborative and peaceful
- Give parents practical resources to filter, limit and monitor devices
- Provide schools with methods to identify at-risk students and scripts to talk with parents
- Learn how to use technology to get students safer with minimal effort
Get the Five Best Practices in Cyber Safety
Sign up for weekly updates from the Center for Online Safety and get the Five Best Practices in cyber safety. Our updates are focused on cyber safety awareness, best practices, relevant findings from cyber safety audits and new research.